TENDER FOR THE SUPPLY AND DELIVERY OF PHARMACEUTICALS
- The National Drug Service Organization (NDSO) is a Trading Account for the Ministry of Health in Lesotho. It is mandated to procure, store and distribute Medicines, Medical Supplies and Laboratory Consumables for the Health Institutions in Lesotho. NDSO was legally established through a gazette Supplement No.4 to Gazette No.19 of the 2nd March 2007. The Government Hospitals use their allocated funds for drugs, dressings and other allocations to buy the supplies from NDSO. These funds are used by NDSO to Procure Medicines, Medical Supplies and other Health Sector Goods from eligible Suppliers using the tendering method of procurement.
- The National Drug Service Organization invites tenders for the Supply and Delivery of the Health Sector Goods listed on the attached Excel table labelled Pharmaceuticals Tender NDSO/PHARM/2023/05 Schedule of Requirements and listed in these bidding documents.
- Bidding shall be conducted through the International Competitive Tendering procedures based on the current Public Procurement Act of 2023.
- It is expected that the Bidders shall be notified about the outcome of the tender on or before 13th July, 2023 .
- Bidders are advised that the Incoterm recommended between NDSO and Suppliers is DDP, NDSO Mafeteng. This means the Supplier is responsible for freight and clearing charges up to the NDSO Warehouse in Mafeteng. We have noticed that most of the Suppliers appoint use of the Train Railway from Durban, South Africa to Maseru, Lesotho. The Train Railway seems to be very unpredictable and risk the loss of the goods, as such bidders are advised to contract the clearing or forwarding agents that use the Road Transport (Trucks) from Durban to Maseru Lesotho. The Trucks are not only quick but reliable and bidders may not be obliged to pay further storage or demurrage costs emanating from delays associated with Train Railway.
- Interested eligible bidders may obtain further information from and inspect the bidding documents at the address given below from 0800 to 1630 hours, Monday to Friday, except on public holidays.
- A complete set of bidding documents in English shall be purchased by interested Bidders upon payment of a non-refundable fee of One Thousand Lesotho Maloti (LSL1000.00) (which is equivalent to South African Rand or [Fifty Five United States Dollars (USD55.00)], at the address below for Bidders who prefer the hard copy of the bidding document. The bidding document will be provided free of charge when shared electronically to the interested Bidders. The method of payment will be cash or telegraphic transfer to the bank account details below with all bank charges to the account of the Bidder. A proof of purchase of the bidding documents will be required for participation in the tender.
- The bids must be delivered to the address below at or before 1400 hours on 15th June, 2023. All the bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of 2% (Two Percent) of the total bid amount for the Bidder. The Bid Security must be in the form of a Bank Guarantee issued by a reputable bank agreeable to the Purchaser. The late bids shall be rejected. The bids shall be opened in the presence of the biddersâ€™ representatives who choose to attend at the address below at 1430 hours on the 15th June, 2023 . Bidders are advised that the costs for return of the Bid Security or Performance Security shall be at the expense of the Bidders. Bidders shall liaise with the Purchaser for return of the Bid Security or Performance Security and then notify the Courier Companies to arrange collection at the Purchaserâ€™s address.
- Changes to the Instructions to Bidders, Bid Data Sheet and the General Conditions of Contract.
The Bidders are notified that there are significant changes on the following Sections of the Bidding Documents:
- Instructions to the Bidders clause 16.3 read together with Bids Data Sheet clause 7.0- The Bids Prices.
- Instructions to the Bidders clause 18.4, The Quantities of the Health Sector Goods including the Strict Requirements on the Indication of the Minimum Order Quantity (MOQ).
- Instructions to the Bidders clause 18.3 read together with Bids Data Sheet clause 11.0, the Tender Validity Period.
- The General Conditions of Contract, clause 18.3- The Quantities of the Health Sector Goods as they appear on the Schedule of Requirements (Section V) and the Award Notification Letter.
- The address for inspection, purchase, collection, submission and opening of the bids is:
The NDSO Tender Panel
National Drug Service Organization
Main South One Road
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone: +266 222 15 300
- Account details for payment for bidding documents:
Account number: 9080001845574
Account name: National Drug Service Organization
Bank name: Standard Lesotho Bank
Branch name: Mafeteng Branch
Branch code: 060667
Swift Code: SBICLSMX
- These bidding documents are listed and shall be read in the following order.
- The Invitation Letter.
- List of Mandatory Documents.
- Instructions to the Bidders (ITB).
- Bid Data Sheet.
- General Conditions of Contract (GCC).
- Special Conditions of Contract (SCC).
- Schedule of Requirements.
- Technical Specifications.
- Sample Forms.
M.G. Sefali (Mr)
Chairperson, The NDSO Tender Panel
National Drug Service Organization