Title: News Editor
Reporting to: Managing Editor
Duty Station: Newsroom department
Role Responsibilities include but not limited to:
We are looking for a strong candidate to lead Newsday Newspaper and Online TV. Newsday Editor will ensure content meets the highest standards of journalism and is always delivered in accordance with Newsday editorial guidelines.
The News Editor will also be responsible for working with the Planning team to commission creative and innovative content for all the platforms (Newspaper, Online TV, Social Media, Newsletter and Website).
- A successful track record in an editorial role in TV, digital or print media and demonstrable experience of making sound judgements on editorial and political issues based on a clear understanding of the Newsday Media distinctive news agenda.
- Fluency in both written and spoken Sesotho and English and the ability to communicate and provide output effectively in both languages.
- A sound knowledge of how to deliver output for digital and social media platforms.
- Computer proficiency (MS Office, digital editing, web search, databases)
- A sound knowledge of production and distribution processes, techniques and technology, and how emerging technology can most effectively be harnessed for the benefit of the audience.
- Detailed current knowledge of the SADC region and the wider target area, and the changing needs of the audience.
- Thorough knowledge Local, Regional, Continental and international current affairs.
- An extensive knowledge of the media situation in Lesotho and the wider target area, and how it is developing with the ability to anticipate changes in the market.
- Experience of dealing with budgets, with commitment to achieving the most efficient and cost effective use of resources.
A bachelorsâ€™ Degree in any field with at least 5 years working experience in the newsroom.
How to apply
Applications along with a CV and three traceable references with existing telephone numbers and email addresses should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 16, 2022