JOB TITLE : HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGER
NO OF POSTS : ONE (1)
RESPONSIBLE TO : NATIONAL DIRECTOR
The Programme Human Resource Manager Reports directly to National Director and technically. The job incumbent is responsible for efficient and satisfactory provision of all HR and administrative services in the programme Location. The job holder shall performs and coordinates the activities of processing the decisions of human resources recruitment, placement, transfer, promotion, performance appraisal, disciplinary measures, leave and other HR decisions. He /she motivates staff to perform effectively, build trust, facilitates the capacity building and development of employees and ensures that the organization policies, procedure and systems are effectively implemented in the program location. It is for these backgrounds that SOS Childrenâ€™s Village Lesotho invites suitably qualified candidates for the position of Human Resource Manager.
- Masterâ€™s Degree/Equivalent in HRM/HRD/OD/ or any related Social Science field with a minimum of five years relevant work experience at Senior Management OR
- Bachelorâ€™s Degree in HR or related Social Science with at least seven yearsâ€™ experience in Middle to senior management position
Competencies â€“ knowledge, skills, abilities
- Excellent language skills in spoken and written English
- Excellent computer, interpersonal and team working skills
- Knowledge about labor regulations
- Sensitivity and responsiveness to gender, ethnicity, disability,
- Ability to work in a multicultural work environment
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and maintain confidentiality and discretion
- Knowledge and understanding of local employment standards, occupational health & safety and human rights legislation
- Strong MS office and the ability to use technology to collaborate across a global organization
- Knowledge of principles and procedures for staff recruitment, selection, training, compensation and benefits, job design, labour relations and negotiation, and Human Resources Information Systems
- Completes payroll information and ensures all information is accurate and communicated on time to Finance Manager.
- Prepares & verify payroll before salary payment is effected
- Manages HR database to ensure up-to-date and accurate information is reflected
- Maintains HR data compilation and reporting such as headcount, turnover, new hire and vacation.
- Skills in designing employee compensations structure and benefits
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are invited to submit their applications to the Human Resources Office, SOS Childrenâ€™s Villages, Lithabaneng opposite Baylor College of Medicine, Alternatively they can submit by email with the subject line: Human Resources Manager to Lesotho.HR@sos.org.ls. Please note that this advert will remain open until a suitable candidate has been appointed.