LLWDP II – SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE
INVITATION FOR PREQUALIFICATION
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works
Contract Title: Construction of the Transmission Systems and Reservoirs â€“ Phase 1, Zones 2 and 3
Loan No./Credit No: 64030 (Portion A) and 64020 (Portion B)
Prequalification Reference No.: LLWDP/W/04
Issued on: April 27, 2023
- The Ministry of Natural Resources has received financing from the World Bank towards the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project IIand intends to apply part of the proceeds towards payments under the contract for the Construction of the Transmission Systems and Reservoirs â€“ Phase 1, Zones 2 and 3. Procurement process will be governed by the World Bankâ€™s Procurement Regulations.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources intends to prequalify contractors for contract number LLWDP/W/04 for the Construction of the Transmission Systems and Reservoirs, in Zones 2 and 3 and includes two (2) to five (5) pump stations having a capacity ranging from 20 m3/hr to 125 m3/hr in discharge and 50 m to 80 m in head; between five (5) and ten (10) concrete reservoirs having a capacity ranging from 1,000 m3 to 12,000 m3 ; and two (2) to five (5) pressed steel tanks having a capacity ranging from 40 m3 to 230 m3. The works also includes 20 to 30 km of transmission pipeline of probably DI/Steel pipes with diameter from 450mm to 900mm and about 12 km of pipes of 110mm to 400mm in diameter (uPVC and/or HDPE). The scope shall include design and installation of operational control system (e.g., SCADA or Telemetry). It is expected that the Request for Bids will be made in July 2023.
- Prequalification will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bankâ€™s Procurement Regulations for Investment Project Financing (IPF) for Borrowers November 2020 (â€œProcurement Regulationsâ€) and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Procurement Office at the address below during office hours between09h00 to 16h00 hours (local time: UTC+2). A complete set of prequalification documents, in English language, can be downloaded at www.llwdp.co.ls or may also be collected by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below.
- Applications for prequalification should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below by 11h00 (local time: UTC+2) on 19 June 2023. Late applications may be rejected.
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project â€“ Phase II
788/9 Fairview Avenue
Lower Thetsane, Maseru
Kingdom of Lesotho
Tel: (+266) 22 32 4555