SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE â€“ INITIAL SELECTION DOCUMENT (ISD)
INVITATION FOR INITIAL SELECTION
DESIGN AND BUILD
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works
Contract Title: Design and Construction River Intake – Raw Water Pumps & Water Treatment Works, Reservoirs & Pumping Station – Leribe District
Loan No./Credit No: 64030 (Portion A) and 64020 (Portion B)
Initial Selection Reference No.: LLWDP/W/03
Issued on: May 05, 2023
The Ministry of Natural Resources of the Kingdom of Lesotho has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for Design and Build of Intake Works and Water Treatment Works â€“ Phase 2 located adjacent to Hlotse River in Zone 2, Lesotho.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources intends to initially select Applicants for LLWDP/W/03 – Design and Build of Intake Works and Water Treatment Works â€“ Phase 2 including key performance/functional requirements, Zone 2 & 3 in Lesotho (Hlotse – Maputsoe areas), consisting of the design and construction of a raw water river intake and treatment works with design capacity of around 25Ml/day. Key qualification requirements are:
- Eligible and with no contractual non-performance.
- Adequate sources of finance with at least US$ 3.0 million available.
- Minimum Annual turnover of US$ 19 million.
- Ten (10) year general construction experience.
- Constructed one contract â‰¥US$ 38 million or two with total value of â‰¥ US$ 19 million each.
- Civil construction, with mechanical and electrical works, including design, supply, installation and commissioning of: intake & raw water pumping station of >40,000 m3/day, water treatment works of > 20,000 m3/day capacity, high lift pumping station of > 20,000 m3/day capacity, Rising Main of > 60,000 m3/day conveying capacity and reinforced concrete reservoir of > 10,000 m3 capacity.
- Experience with environmental, social, health and safety management, including preparation of environmental and social management plans, in similar construction projects.
- Design experience by a registered design engineersâ€™ consultant with experience in the design of at least 2 Water Treatment Plants with high lift pump station each with capacity of â‰¥ 20,000 m3/day, 2 river intakes with pump station each with capacity of â‰¥ 40,000 m3/day, rising main of > 60,000 m3/day conveying capacity and reinforced concrete reservoir of > 10,000 m3 capacity.
- Experience in operation and maintenance of at least one (1) bulk water supply system.
- It is expected that the Request for Proposals will be issued in July 2023.
- Initial Selection will be conducted through the procedures as specified in the World Bankâ€™s Procurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers of November 2020 (â€œProcurement Regulationsâ€), and is open to all eligible Applicants as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Applicants may obtain further information from the Procurement Office at the address below during office hours between09h00 to 16h00 hours (local time: UTC+2). A complete set of initial selection documents in English can be downloaded at www.llwdp .co.ls or may also be collected by interested Applicants on the submission of a written application to the address below.
- Applications for Initial Selection should be submitted in clearly marked envelopes and delivered to the address below or submitted electronically by 12h00 (local time: UTC+2) on 19 June 2023.Late applications may be rejected.
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project â€“ Phase II
788/9 Fairview Avenue
Lower Thetsane, Maseru
Kingdom of Lesotho
Tel: (+266) 22 32 4555