Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Proposals
(Design and Build)
(Without Initial Selection)
Employer: Ministry of Natural Resources
Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works (LLWDP-II)
Contract title: Design and Construction of River Intake â€“ Raw Water Pumps and Water Treatment Works, Reservoirs and Pumping Station in Leribe District
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Loan No. /Credit No. / Grant No.: 64030 (Portion A) and 64020 (Portion B)
RFP No: LLWDP/W/03(A)
Issued on: 19 September, 2023
- The Ministry of Natural Resources has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works (LLWDPâ€‘II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Design and Construction of River Intake â€“ Raw Water Pumps and Water Treatment Works, Reservoirs and Pumping Station in Leribe District.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources now invites sealed Proposals from eligible Proposers for contract no. LLWDP/W/03(A) for the Design and Construction of River Intake â€“ Raw Water Pumps and Water Treatment Works, Reservoirs and Pumping Station in Leribe District.
The Works includes:
- The Hlotse direct river Intake Works and raw water pumps
- The Hlotse raw water rising main
- The Hlotse Water Treatment Works (WTW)
- The Z2PS1 clear water pump station
- The WTW to Z2R1 rising main
- The Z2R1 Khanyane command reservoir
- Z2PS2 clear water pumping station
- WTW to Z2R21 rising main
- Z2R21 Ha Lesiamo reservoir
- Electrical, control and instrumentation for Works components listed (a) to (i)
- Master SCADA system for the Lesotho Lowlands water supply scheme, Zone 2 & 3,
- Ancillary works at intake, WTW and reservoir sites.
- The procurement will be conducted through international competitive procurement using Request for Proposals (RFP) as specified in the World Bankâ€™s â€œProcurement Regulations for IPF Borrowersâ€ November 2020 (â€œProcurement Regulationsâ€), and is open to all eligible Proposers.
- Interested eligible Proposers may obtain further information from the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project, Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the RFP Document during office hours between 09h00 to 16h00 hours (local time: UTC+2)at the address given below.
- The RFP Document, in the English language, may be purchased by eligible Proposers upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of LSL 4,000 (Four Thousand Maloti). The method of payment will be through EFT Transfer or direct payment into the LLWDP Bank account, that will be made available on request from the Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane, email: email@example.com. The document can also be downloaded at www.llwdp.co.ls and an access (passcode) to the documents will be distributed by e-mail after receving proof of payment.
- A single-stage, two envelope RFP process will be used, and the Proposal will consist of (i) the Technical Part, without any reference to prices; and (ii) the Financial Part, as detailed in the RFP Document. The Technical and Financial Parts of the Proposals shall be submitted simultaneously in two separate sealed envelopes. These two envelopes shall be enclosed in a sealed outer envelope and clearly marked â€œProposal â€“ Original LLWDP/W/03(A) for the Design and Construction of River Intake â€“ Raw Water Pumps and Water Treatment Works, Reservoirs and Pumping Station in Leribe Districtâ€.
- The Proposal, both the Technical Part and the Financial Part, must be delivered to the address below on or before 11h00 (local time: UTC+2) on 20 November 2023. Electronic Proposal Submission will not be permitted. Late Proposals will be rejected. The Technical Part of the Proposals will be publicly opened in the presence of the Proposersâ€™ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 11h30 (local time: UTC+2) on 20 November 2023. The Financial Part shall remain unopened and will be held in safe custody of the Employer until the second public opening of the Financial Part, following the evaluation of the Technical Part of the Proposals. A virtual opening and attendance option will be made available.
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Proposal Security of USD 150,000.00 (or equivalent, in any easily convertible currency, including the local currency).
- All Proposals must be accompanied by a Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA) and/or Sexual Harassment (SH) Declaration.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful Proposerâ€™s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the RFP document.â€
- The address referred to above is:
Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane
Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project â€“ Phase II
788/9 Fairview Avenue
Lower Thetsane, Maseru
Kingdom of Lesotho
Tel: (+266) 22 32 4555
Tender forms available here Tenders â€“ Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II (llwdp.co.ls)