Plant, Design, Supply and Installation
Employer: Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd
Project: Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP)
Contract title: Upgrading of Substation at Tikoe Industrial Area in Maseru, from 20MVA to 40MVA.
Credit No.: 6532-LS
RFB No: LS-LEC-340836-CW-RFB
Issued on: 4th May, 2023
1. The Government of the Kingdom of Lesotho has receivedfinancing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP) and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the Contract for Upgrading of Substation at Tikoe Industrial Area in Maseru, from 20MVA to 40MVA.
2. The Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for Upgrading of Substation at Tikoe Industrial Area in Maseru, from 20MVA to 40MVA. The works comprise of:
Design, supply, deliver, offloading, installation and commissioning of 2 x 20 MVA Power Transformers including:
- Civil Works
- Assess the current civil works infrastructure and propose rehabilitation procedure.
- Decommissioning of existing 2 x 10 MVA Transformers and store them on the concrete slab.
- Electrical Works
- Modification of SCADA system to ensure full functionality.
- Carry out all the necessary substation internal wiring or connections
- Design, supply and installation of 11kV NECRTâ€™s
- Testing and Commissioning of all the newly installed equipment
- Prepare As-built drawings, manuals and hand-over to LEC
3. Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) as specified in the World Bankâ€™s â€œProcurement Regulations for IPF Borrowers World Bankâ€™s â€œProcurement Regulations for IPF Borrowersâ€ July 2016 updated November 2020 (Fourth Edition) (â€œProcurement Regulationsâ€), and is open to all eligible Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
4. Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Lesotho Electricity Company (Pty) Ltd, Mr. Mokheseng Mokuoane, Project Manager LREEAP LEC email: email@example.com Cc firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours 08H00 to 1700 hours at the address given below.
5. The bidding document in English may be purchased by interested eligible Bidders upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of LSL3,000.00 (Three Thousand Lesotho Loti). The method of payment will be direct deposit into the below shown banking details and sending proof of payment to the email address shown below. The document will be sent by email.
Account Holder: SREP Grant (TF-1681) Lesotho Electricity Company
Account Number: 11990115232
Branch Code: 390161
6. Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 13th June, 2023 at 10H00. Electronic bidding will not be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Biddersâ€™ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below on 13th June, 2023 at 10H30.
7. All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid-Securing Declarationusing the form provided in the bidding document.
8. Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidderâ€™s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
9. The address referred to above is:
Lesotho Renewable Energy and Energy Access Project (LREEAP) LEC
Mr. Mokheseng Mokuoane
120 Lancers Road, Opposite New State House,
Maseru West, Lesotho