The Basotho Business Community (We Care) Fundraising Initiative has thrown open its doors to the public ahead of the Nnete Leotlela Fundraising Festival, a one-day event set to take place on Saturday, 29 August 2026, from 10:00 a.m. until late, at the ‘Manthabiseng Convention Centre in Maseru.
The initiative held an official press conference on 13 August 2026, at the same venue, to brief the media on the campaign’s objectives and answering questions on how the public and fellow creatives can get involved.
According to organisers, Nnete requires specialised medical treatment, including facial reconstructive surgery, along with recovery support and related care following serious injuries he sustained. The festival has been framed as a national humanitarian call aimed at mobilising financial support and bringing Basotho together in solidarity with Nnete and his family.
Coordinating Representative Selimo Thabane, speaking on behalf of the organising committee, said the initiative hopes the campaign will put smiles back on faces and that the response so far has been hopeful. The target for the campaign is set at M1 Million.
“We are having this as a day event festival to accommodate people from all walks of life and also have kids from as young as five years old. Our aim is to raise at least M1 Million from the event,” Thabane said.
Beyond the fundraising drive itself, the festival will feature a full entertainment programme, including a kids’ corner, a lineup of DJs and artists, and an MC-led programme for the day. The lineup will host some of Lesotho’s heavyweights such as Selimo, Dj Thizozo, Karma, Sentšo, Mavele & Tash, just to name a few.
Also on the programme is a debate competition for primary and high school learners, which organisers say is intended to encourage youth participation while raising awareness around the issue at the heart of the campaign.
The committee also confirmed plans for a community give-back element to follow after the main event.
Organisations named as being behind the initiative include the Lady M Foundation, Cool Vibes Music and Lifestyle, Glasses Entertainment, Mzimba, Soft Sounds Production and Creative Hub, Credit Events, and Distance Music and Entertainment.
The organisers confirmed that “the doors remains open for other performers and creatives who wish to take part, though that could be limited due to the nature of the single-day event, stage time will need to be carefully managed”.
On sponsorship, Thabane’s team was unequivocal, “the door is wide open, and we are actively seeking more sponsors and partners to come on board. While the current organising committee comprises the founders of the initiative, we are still open to any willingness to bring in more individuals to support the cause,” Thabane said.
How the Public Can Contribute
Organisers outlined several ways for the public to support the campaign:
- Attending the festival on 29 August, with ticket prices set at M100 for general and M500 for VIP.
- Buying a ticket without attending — organisers confirmed that supporters do not need to be physically present at the event to purchase a ticket, and said this option is actively encouraged for those who wish to contribute but cannot attend.
The public is still encouraged to donate in anyway possible if they wish to make this campaign a success.
With just over two weeks until the festival, organisers say they remain hopeful the Basotho community, and beyond will rally behind the cause. Further updates on the final artist lineup, ticket pricing and contribution details are expected to be released by the organising committee in the coming days.
For more information, contact Coordinator Selimo Thabane at +266 5764 9839 or selimo.thabane@gmail.com.
Summary
- The initiative held an official press conference on 13 August 2026, at the same venue, to brief the media on the campaign’s objectives and answering questions on how the public and fellow creatives can get involved.
- Beyond the fundraising drive itself, the festival will feature a full entertainment programme, including a kids’ corner, a lineup of DJs and artists, and an MC-led programme for the day.
- Also on the programme is a debate competition for primary and high school learners, which organisers say is intended to encourage youth participation while raising awareness around the issue at the heart of the campaign.

A Professional Communications practitioner with a wealth of expertise in marketing, public speaking, communication and media relations. I believe in learning everyday and improving one’s personal and professional capabilities.
* A former journalist and radio host who is passionate about media and it’s impact on society.




