Specific Procurement Notice
Request for Bids (Small Works)
(One-Envelope Bidding Process)
Country: Kingdom of Lesotho
Name of Project: Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works (LLWDPII)
Contract Title: Construction of Distribution Systems â€“ Hlotse, Khanyane & Haâ€™Lesiamo
Loan No./Credit No./ Grant No.: 64030 (Portion A) and 64020 (Portion B)
RFB Reference No.: LLWDP/W/05
Date of Issuance of Advert/Bid: 17th October, 2023
- The Ministry of Natural Resources has received financing from the World Bank toward the cost of the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project Phase II Works (LLWDP-II), and intends to apply part of the proceeds toward payments under the contract for the Construction of Distribution Systems â€“ Hlotse, Khanyane & Haâ€™Lesiamo.
- The Ministry of Natural Resources now invites sealed Bids from eligible Bidders for contract no. LLWDP/W/05 for the Construction of Distribution Systems â€“ Hlotse, Khanyane & Haâ€™Lesiamo. The Works includes 390 km of pipe up to DN450 uPVC, with all associated valves, fittings and infrastructure, as well as approximately 15,000 house connections, 7 concrete break pressure tanks, and 15 zonal isolation valve and flow meter stations.
- Bidding will be conducted through national competitive procurement using a Request for Bids (RFB) Small Works as specified in the World Bankâ€™s â€œProcurement Regulations for IPF Borrowersâ€ November 2020 (â€œProcurement Regulationsâ€), and is open to all Bidders as defined in the Procurement Regulations.
- Interested eligible Bidders may obtain further information from the Lesotho Lowlands Water Development Project, Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane, email: firstname.lastname@example.org and inspect the bidding document during office hours between 09h00 to 16h00 hours (local time: UTC+2) at the address given below.
- The RFP Document, in the English language, may be purchased by eligible Proposers upon the submission of a written application to the address below and upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of LSL 4,000 (Four Thousand Maloti). The method of payment will be;
- Locally based companies and those international companies with local representaves can pay cash at the Department of Rural Water Supply (DRWS), located at Moshoeshoe Road, Industrial Area, Maseru at 29Â°18’02.8″S 27Â°28’05.0″E
- Foreign companies can pay through EFT Transfer as follows;
Bank: Central Bank of Lesotho
Account Name: Government of Lesotho
Account Name: Main Revenue Epicor 10
Account number: 0101403715016
Branch Code: 586611
Bidders are required to provide the following information on their EFT: EFT 315/Date /Org/or Company Name /Tender Title and Reference.
Proof of Payment (POP) should be sent to the Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane, email: email@example.com, upon which the firm will be send a link to the documents.
- Bids must be delivered to the address below on or before 11:00hrs (local time: UTC+2) on Monday 27th November 2023. Electronic Bidding will NOT be permitted. Late Bids will be rejected. Bids will be publicly opened in the presence of the Biddersâ€™ designated representatives and anyone who chooses to attend at the address below at 11:30hrs (local time: UTC+2) on Monday, 27th November 2023. A virtual opening and attendance option will be made available.
- All Bids must be accompanied by a Bid Security of LSL 342,250.00 (Three Hundred Forty-Two Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Maloti) or equivalent, in any easily convertible currency.
- Attention is drawn to the Procurement Regulations requiring the Borrower to disclose information on the successful bidderâ€™s beneficial ownership, as part of the Contract Award Notice, using the Beneficial Ownership Disclosure Form as included in the bidding document.
- The address(es) referred to above is:
Procurement Office, Matumelo Daemane
Lesotho Lowland Water Development Project â€“ Phase II
788/9 Fairview Avenue
Lower Thetsane, Maseru
Kingdom of Lesotho
Tel: (+266) 22 32 4555