KINGDOM OF LESOTHO
MINISTRY OF AGRICULTURE AND FOOD SECURITY
LESOTHO SMALLHOLDER AGRICULTURE DEVELOPMENT PROJECT II
REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
(CONSULTING SERVICES- INDIVIDUAL CONSULTANTS SELECTION METHOD)
LOAN NO: P165228
CREDIT NO: IDA -64220 -LS
ASSIGNMENT TITLE: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
REFERENCE NO: LS-MAFS-378852-CS-INDV
DURATION: THIRTY-SIX MONTHS
DUTY STATION : PMU MASERU
The Government of Lesotho is implementing the Smallholder Agricultural Development Project (SADP) 2 with financial support from the World Bank, Government of Japan and the International Fund for Agricultural Development (IFAD). The project covers ten districts â€“ Maseru, Leribe, Botha-Bothe, Mokhotlong, Thaba-Tseka, Berea Mafeteng, Mohaleâ€™sHoek, Quthing and Qachaâ€™sNek. SADP is coordinated by the Project Management unit (PMU) based in Maseru. The project has four components:
- Component 1. Promoting Climate Smart Agricultural Practices and Advisory Services. This component aims at strengthening the adaptive capacity of smallholder farmers to adjust and modify their production systems to minimize the potential future impacts from climate variability
- Component 2. Improving Agricultural Commercialization and Nutrition. This component will build on Component 1 by addressing financial constraints in the agricultural sector so that the training and advisory services provided under Component 1 is complemented with much-needed financing to help the farming community undertake productive and profitable investments.
- Component 3. Project Management, Coordination and Monitoring and Evaluation It is responsible for: implementation and coordination, financial management and procurement, communication, visibility and awareness programs, environmental management and safeguards, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Component 4. Contingency Emergency Response Component (CERC). This is a zero allocation to partially cover emergency response via implementation of key activities by the appropriate agencies to respond to the emergency.
4. CONTRACT DURATION AND CONDITION
â€¢ Contract duration is three years, but renewable upon satisfactory performance of the incumbent and subject to business continuity and availability of funds. The assignment is planned to condescendence by September 2026.
5. FACILITIES TO BE PROVIDED BY THE CLIENT
â€¢ The Client shall render the Officer with all such facilities as may be reasonably required to enable the Officer to discharge his/her duties that is office space, laptop/computer, landline telephone, and transport related to the assignment delivery.
6. DELIVERABLES AND FINAL OUTPUTS
Working with the Procurement Specialist, the Procurement officer will be expected to produce the following deliverables, among others:
– Procurement Plans
– Budgets and Selection criteria
– Procurement notices and reports
– Various solicitation documents
– Clarifications/amendments to various procurement and solicitation documents
– Bid/Proposal evaluations
– Minutes of negotiations
– Draft and final contracts
– Capacity building and training plans and reports
– Action plans for training and capacity-building programs
– Short-listing, evaluation reports, records of public bid/proposal openings
– Minutes of meetings for confirmation of the expressions of interest/ proposals
– Notifications of contracts awarded
– Procurement Monitoring Reports
– Other reports and documents as required.
7. QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIRED EXPERIENCE
Have a bachelorâ€™s degree in Procurement, Law, Engineering, Commerce, Public Administration, Accounting, or any other related field. A postgraduate qualification will be an added advantage.
â€¢Have a minimum of 5 yearsâ€™ experience dealing with procurement of civil works, goods, and services, and with the award of contracts for Government/donor-funded projects.
â€¢Have experience in preparing tender and contract documents for national and international competitive bidding.
â€¢Have a comprehensive knowledge of Public Procurement Regulations, as well as procurement guidelines for IFAD and the World Bank.
â€¢ Be computer literate.
â€¢ Be fluent in both English and the national language.
â€¢ Have good interpersonal and communication skills.
â€¢Knowledge of/experience with Bank/other international development organizations’ procurement procedures would be an added advantage.
â€¢Good knowledge of the institutional, technical, and commercial aspects of procurement.
â€¢Worked as a procurement specialist in a donor-financed project, capacity building in procurement, etc.
â€¢Experience in delivering projects at the international level.
â€¢Demonstrated high experience in contract management at the managerial level.
â€¢Fluency in spoken English and the ability to write lucid reports and documents in English is required.
â€¢ Strong organizational skills and ability to work in a team-oriented, dynamic, and diverse environment.
â€¢Proven track record in working effectively within multidisciplinary teams, recognizes the value of sharing ideas, knowledge, and information with others, and takes personal responsibility for doing so.
â€¢Demonstrated computer skills, and knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite especially, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
â€¢Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, set priorities, and work independently, or under minimum supervision.
â€¢Demonstrated ability to adapt to challenges and changes in the workplace
Expressions of interest accompanied by a detailed CV must be delivered in a written form to the address below by email by 12:00hrs local time on the 11th September 2023 clearly marked â€˜â€™ Expression of Interest for PROCUREMENT OFFICERâ€
To: Project Director SADP
Ministry of Agriculture and Food Security
Department of Livestock Services -Moshoeshoe 11
P.O. Box 24
Maseru 100 Lesotho.
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.