Letter of Invitation
REHABILITATION/CONSTRUCTION OF TWO CURVES AT BOLAHLA CRITICAL SECTION ALONG A4 BETWEEN PATLONG AND SEHAPA VILLAGES IN QACHA’S NEK DISTRICT.
REFERENCE NUMBER: RD/MD/EMR-1/2023
- The Roads Directorate has funds available towards the cost of Rehabilitation/Construction of two curves at Bolahla Critical Sections along A4 between Patlong and Sehapa Village in Qachas Nek District.
- The Roads Directorate now invites proposals from locally registered International contractors and locally registered Contractors who are categorized by Roads Directorate under Categories A and B. The invitation is opened to Contractors who can show relevant capacity and experience in the Road Rehabilitation and construction.
- There will be a compulsory site visit and pre-tender briefing on Tuesday, 21st November 2023 and the assembly point will at the two curves at Bolahla, 40.6 km North East of Qacha’s Nek town (30°03’48.34” S, 28°24’01.14” E) at 10:00hrs.
- All Tenders, in sealed envelopes and clearly labeled as per Instructions to Tenderers, must be accompanied by a Tender Security of Fifty Thousand Maloti (M50,000.00) in a form of a Bank Guarantee as stated in the Tender Document. Also, in accordance with the Lesotho Public Procurement Act, 2023, copies of valid Tax Clearance and Trader’s License Certificates certified at source should be attached to each Tender.
5. Completed Bid documents, 1 original, 2 copies and a soft copy in a memory stick of each required document as per the “Instructions to Tenderers”. The original and all copies of the tender documents shall be clearly marked “original” or “copy”. The original and all copies of the Tender Documents shall be placed in a sealed envelope clearly marked bearing no identification of the Bidder and marked as follows; “Rehabilitation/construction of two curves at Bolahla Critical Sections along A4 between Patlong and Sehapa Villages in Qachas Nek District.” must be deposited in the Tender Box at Roads Directorate, Ground Floor, Room G11, Near the Procurement Section, Corner Senate and Lepoqo Roads, Industrial Area and addressed to Roads Directorate at the above address, to be received on or before 12:00 Noon, Tuesday, 5th December 2023. Late Bids will be rejected.
Bids will be opened the same day at 14:30hrs by the Roads Directorate’s Tender Board, in the presence of the Bidders or their representatives who choose to attend.
- The Bidding documents may be purchased by interested eligible Contractors upon payment of a nonrefundable fee of Five Thousand Maloti and Zero Lisente only (LSL 5,000.00) The method of payment will be by transfer or deposit into the following Bank Account: Roads Directorate Operating Revenue Account, Account No.: 021000067633, Swift Code: NEDLLSMX, Branch Code: 390161, Nedbank, Lesotho and proof therefore be presented to the Roads Directorate. Facility shall be made available for purchasing of the tender documents by POS/swiping at the Finance Division (Room G03), Roads Directorate Headquarters
- Tender Documents for the proposed drainage repair works shall be sent by e-mail to those contractors who have paid only.
- The Roads Directorate reserves the right to accept or reject any or all tenders for reasons that may be advanced.
Postal Address: –
Roads Directorate Street Address: –
Procurement Section Roads Directorate
P.O. Box 194 Corner Senate and Lepoqo Streets
Maseru 100 Moshoeshoe Road
Lesotho Industrial Area(Opposite Browns Cash and Carry)
Telephone: +266 22229000/52229000