REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR MONITORING, EVALUATION AND ASSESSMENT OF LESOTHO GOVERNMENT INFRASTRUCTURE
The Lesotho Ministry of Finance and Development Planning invites eligible consulting firms with relevant experience and expertise in infrastructure monitoring, evaluation, and assessment to submit their proposals in response to this advertisement.
The Request for Proposal (RFP) will be obtainable at Ministry of Finance and Development Planning Procurement Unit room 2010 and from the ministryâ€™s website, www.finance.gov.ls.
Respondents must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- The consulting firm should be registered and legally authorized to operate in Lesotho.
- The consulting firm should be at least 51% Basotho owned.
- The firm should have a proven track record in conducting infrastructure monitoring, evaluation, and assessment projects.
- The consulting firm should possess the necessary technical expertise and qualified personnel to undertake the proposed scope of work.
- The firm should have the financial capacity to deliver the project within the proposed budget.
- Proposal Submission
Respondents are required to submit their proposals in the following format:
- The proposal should be typed, with clear headings and page numbers.
- The proposal should be written in English.
- The proposal should include a cover letter on official letterhead, signed by an authorized representative of the consulting firm.
- The proposal should include a detailed response to each section of the RFP, addressing all the requirements outlined in the scope of work, methodology, and other relevant sections.
- The proposal should provide information on the consulting firm’s experience, qualifications, and expertise related to infrastructure monitoring, evaluation, and assessment.
- The proposal should include a work plan and timeline, indicating key activities, milestones, and deliverables.
- The proposal should provide a detailed breakdown of costs and a budget, including all expenses related to the project.
- The proposal should provide the Firmâ€™s identity and trading documents.
- Deadline for Submission
Proposals must be submitted no later than 06 December 2023. Late submissions will NOT be considered for evaluation.
- Clarification and Inquiries
Any inquiries or requests for clarification regarding the RFP should be submitted in writing via email to the following addresses;
All inquiries must be received by the specified deadline, and responses will be provided in writing to all potential respondents. No verbal explanations or instructions will be binding.
- Evaluation Process
The evaluation of proposals will be conducted by a designated evaluation committee. Proposals will be assessed based on the evaluation criteria and weightage outlined in the RFP. The evaluation committee may seek clarifications or additional information from respondents, if necessary.
Interested firms should provide the following information:
- Company Profile:
- Provide a brief overview of the consulting firm, including its name, location, years of operation, and areas of expertise.
- Describe the firm’s track record in conducting similar assignments, particularly in the field of infrastructure monitoring, evaluation, and assessment.
- Relevant Experience:
- Outline the firm’s experience in evaluating infrastructure projects, both in Lesotho and other countries or regions.
- Highlight specific projects that demonstrate the firm’s expertise in assessing completed and ongoing infrastructure projects.
- Technical Expertise:
- Describe the expertise and qualifications of key personnel who will be involved in the assignment.
- Provide CVs or profiles of the project team members, emphasizing their relevant experience in infrastructure monitoring, evaluation, and assessment.
- Methodological Approach:
- Present the firm’s proposed methodology for monitoring, evaluating, and assessing government infrastructure projects.
- Explain how the proposed approach aligns with recognized standards, best practices, and the specific context of Lesotho.
- Resources and Capacity:
- Describe the firm’s resources, including the availability of technical staff, data collection tools, and analytical capabilities.
- Indicate the firm’s ability to allocate appropriate resources to the assignment within the proposed timeline.
- Financial Proposal:
- Provide a clear and detailed breakdown of the proposed fees and expenses for conducting the monitoring, evaluation, and assessment activities.
- Include a budget that covers all necessary costs, such as personnel, travel, data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Provide contact information for at least three references who can validate the consulting firm’s past performance and quality of work.
- Include details such as the name of the organization, contact person, position, and email/phone number.
INSTRUCTION FOR SUBMISSION
The consulting firm should submit its proposal in one original and four copies in sealed envelopes clearly marked “Monitoring, Evaluation, and Assessment of Lesotho Government Infrastructure Projects.” The technical and financial proposals should be separated(only the technical proposal will opened during tender opening day). One original and 4 copies envelopes should be in one big envelope or container, marked as above and delivered to the following address:
Finance House tender box situated at 3rd Floor, Government Complex not later than 06 December 2023 on or before 1200hrs. Tenders will be opened in the presence of bidders or their representatives who choose to attend at 1430hrs on the same day (06 December 2023) at 3rd Floor, Ministry of Finance Tender Board Room.
The deadline for proposal submission is 06 December 2023 at 14:30hrs. Late submissions will NOT be accepted.
Please note that all costs associated with the preparation and submission of the proposal will be borne by the consulting firm.
This tender will be awarded by the Ministry of Finance Procurement Committee. Bidders must however, note that awarding of this tender will be subject to an agreed contract
The Ministry also reserves the right to cancel the tenders before submission/opening OR postpone the tender submission/opening dates and to accept/reject any or all tenders without assigning any reasons thereof. The Ministry is not bound to accept the lowest or any bid