YEET Project Coordinator and Accountant at SOS
SOS Children’s Villages Lesotho is a child focus organization and an affiliate of SOS Children Villages International. It is non-governmental, non-political, non- denominational, and non-racial organization. Its overall mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities. To realize the mission of the organization, SOS CV Lesotho has established the Youth Empowerment and Entrepreneurship Training (YEET) project located in Leribe. The main goal of the project is to empower young people by capacitating them with entrepreneurship skills to enhance their independence as future leaders.
To ensure successful achievement of the project goals and objectives and the organization mission, SOS Children’s Village Lesotho is recruiting and applications are invited from suitably qualified local candidates for the two (2) following positions:
DEPARTMENT : Programmes
POSITION : YEET Project Coordinator
LOCATION : Leribe
RESPONSIBLE TO : Programmes Director
To ensure effective coordination and management of the YEET project to achieve its fundamental goals and objectives.
· Strategic Direction and Governance
1.1Ensure implementation of strategies and formulation of policies by delegating appropriate authority levels to key managers, and ensure effective monitoring and reporting of progress, aligned to strategic plans.
1.2 Identify and address problems and opportunities central to the project success timeously.
1.3 Oversee the implementation of effective monitoring, evaluation and auditing systems aligned to agreed standards.
1.4 Improve the performance of the project development programs
1.5 Provide timely, reliable and valid information for management decision-making.
- Budgeting and Procurement
- Oversee the project planning and budgeting processes.
- Establishes and develops best practice procurement standards for the procurement and management of goods, works and services to satisfy the requirements of the project.
- Prepare the project Annual procurement Plan.
- Ensures that procurement procedures and practice are followed as per the organization procurement policy.
- Strategic Relationship Management
3.1 Establish and manage relevant strategic partnership and relationships with both internal and external stakeholders, to ensure achievement of project strategic objectives.
3.2 Build partnerships and sense of local ownership over projects.
4. People Management and Development
4.1 Develop and maintain a high performance team and regularly evaluate performance of subordinates to ensure functional objectives are met or exceeded according to established policies and objectives.
4.2 Build consensus among project staff and partners about project goals/objectives.
4.3 Approves all individual work-plans to ensure adherence to the project objectives
JOB SPECIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree In Project Management, Business/Public Administration or in any other relevant social sciences with at least two (2) years’ work experience in leadership/managerial positions.
Master’s degree will be an added advantage.
- Ability to write technical reports in order to inform and for decision making.
- Ability to identify trends and bring to attention for developments.
- Ability to prepare and distribute financial reports contributing to the improvement of the effectiveness of project financial management.
- Ability to make decisions readily and confidently.
- Ability to render judgment to take action and apply corrective measures when situations demand it.
- Ability to identify and solve unfasten problems.
- Ability to appreciate and leverage people’s developmental needs and to effectively implement and support development Initiatives.
- Ability to advise a team on matters arising.
- Ability to successfully assign appropriate tasks or activities to subordinates.
- Ability to influence the way others work and be confident enough to liaise with all levels of management.
- Ability to work with others harnessing different skills, experience or perspective to achieve shared commitment to solutions and work assignments/targets.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Proficiency in Sesotho and English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good Interpersonal Skills
LOCATION : National Coordinating Office – Maseru
RESPONSIBLE TO : Finance Manager
To oversee and ensure accurate recording of financial transactions and facilitate timely reporting to donors.
· Financial management
· Fixed Asset and property management
· Cash and Bank Management
· Management reporting
· Facilitation on Audit and compliance preparations
JOB SPECIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
ACCA/CIMA plus 1 year work experience
1 Competence in Microsoft Dynamics Nav
2 Concrete knowledge of accounting principles
3 Communication Skills
4 Organizational Skills
5 Tracking payments to internal and external stakeholders
6 Preparing budget forecast
7 Processing tax payments and returns
SKILLS & ABILITIES
1 Proficiency in Sesotho and English
2 Ability to work under pressure
3 Good Interpersonal Skills
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are invited to submit their motivation/application letter, Resume /CV and certified academic qualifications by email to [email protected] .With the subject line: YEET Project Coordinator and/or NCO Accountant where applicable. Hand delivery of the applications must be submitted in Human Resources office at SOS Children’s Village Maseru at National Office. Not later than 26th January 2024 by 17:00 hrs. Only shortlisted candidate will be contacted.