LEADER IN REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH AND POPULATION AND DEVELOPMENT
Post Title : Finance and Administrative Associate
Level : GS7
Contract type : Fixed Term Appointment
Duration : 12 Months (renewable)
Duty station : UNFPA country office, Maseru
The Finance and Administrative Associate post is located in the UNFPA Lesotho Country Office (CO) in Maseru. The incumbent will be part of the operations team and will work under the direct supervision of the Operations Manager (OM) and under overall guidance of the Representative. S/He takes a client-oriented, results-focused approach to interpreting the rules, procedures and guidelines provides support and guidance to the CO, and supports OM in financial and administrative issues.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Contribute to strategic and efficient management of financial resources through planning and tracking of available resources, exercising appropriate financial controls and ensuring corporate financial policies are met.
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness of finance processes within the country office and ensure compliance of the office business practices with the provisions of the UNFPA Policies and Procedures, work practices, and processes and drives changes for improvement where and when necessary.
- Interpret financial policies and procedures and provide guidance and training to Lesotho personnel and identify ways in which financial needs can be met within existing policies.
- Assist in the preparation of programme and operating budgets, ensure financial transactions are in accordance with UNFPA financial rules and procedures, propose procedures to improve internal controls and efficiency, and respond to audit issues
- Assist in the effective monitoring and follow up of funds transferred to relevant Implementing Partners (IPs) through Direct Cash Transfers Modality.
- Ensure that financial transactions, including advances of funds to implementing partners, are processed in an accurate and timely way by reviewing supporting documents and ensuring that advances and expenditures are in accordance with relevant policies and procedures.
- Managing the recruitment and selection process, applying best practice HR approaches; advising managers and project personnel on contracting options; coordinating the performance appraisal process and advising on performance issues.
- Development, management of annual training plan and liaise with Regional Office on management of learning budget
â— Bachelorâ€™s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Management or similar discipline is required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum of Seven (7) years of relevant experience in finance and budget management.
- Proven experience and track record in successfully managing and implementing financial policies, processes and systems in development organizations at national or international level.
- Proficiency in current Microsoft Office applications (especially Microsoft Excel and Word).
- Experience in using ERP system (e.g. PeopleSoft, Oracle, SAP) or similar computerized applications.
- Ability to produce analytical reports and write clearly and concisely.
- Working experience with UN organization is desirable.
- Fluency in spoken and written English
HOW TO APPLY :
Interested candidates should submit their applications through the below link on or before Friday the 7th July 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.